Wednesday, March 14, 2007

In Africa

Well my friends it's a long time since I wrote and much has happened, I have been here in Malawi now six weeks and another DI arrived for week ago, and there come students from Tvind PTG and visit here its really nice to see friends coming here, the life here is so different from What I am use to they live for the day and not think on tomorrow, and to see this poverty here is difficult I see it every day as I go to the villages and the schools to see the children sit on the ground under a three and have lesson can in your ears sound nice but they do it every day and when it start to rain they have to find shelter and not all schools have that.
There is one school that I have been visit they have over 700 students and only tree classroom four classes sit outside have there lesson and they have nothing to sit on at all one classroom is a church so they have the church benches, now this is not wooden benches as you are use to its made of bricks and concrete so they are very simple and the black board is so bad that when the teacher write on it children can barley read the text, all material they have must they share with each other you can images how it is to wait for the pencil so that you can write and the books are few so they sit in groups and read, and of course someone must sit so its upside down.
They don’t eat in school there is no food served, in some preschool are they serving food but that is mostly because that DI have help the make some income generated projects.
To travel in Malawi is something that are extra here they use mini busses and these are for nine to twelve people but here they put up to twenty five people plus luggage and the luggage can be a goat, chicken or a sack of maize or something ells so the bus is full, and then it is that these busses are well I have no words for it except crap they sounds that It will brake down any second, and the gasoline is expensive it’s the same prize that we have in Denmark and Europe, and we never know if the driver is sober or not its much drunk driving and accidents that happened we see every time we go to Blantyre so its a challenge every time but we have to take it for it is and hopefully will noting happened when we go with the buss.
The roads here is a catastrophe they are horrible and now when it’s the rain season well some days there is no road its big poodle of mud or a big pot hole that would brake bout car a and every thing that get n to it the dirt roads are build and reaper by handcraft so it take time and its not easy because this red soil here is like clay and its stuck to al so clots and shoes yea every thing is reddish, but still I love it here and I enjoy it very much I really see the real Africa it is terrible to see how they live and I wish I could do so much more, but development is starting with education and if I can give some of my skills to one or two the have a I succeeded any how because I have made something sustainable which al help here should be
Until next time stay cool I am.
no pictures because bad internet sorry come next time

No comments: