Tuesday, January 23, 2007

To Africa
















well my friends I am now in Malawi, and I must say that its nice here and I really enjoy it so far, its only four days but I have done some, but more about that later.
its a long time since I wrote and I am sorry but its not so easy to keep up with it, I have done allot since last time after Dieter left I have miss him allot but its life we had a lot to do in December and I had my 3/4 meting it was good and I think that I gain allot we sat down to plane for the new years concert, and we should build a swan a big pap marcher swan that was a big task we had two months but it was almost not enough time. and one painting we to do it was really a challenged, right before Christmas we had a evening for parents to the students we had entertainment and good food late that evening ,I drove two teachers to train station, so we was not many left and in the morning.
Me and Eric took the train, to be home was nice it was so many months since I was home, and it was nice to see my family and see them all before I go.
the new year was nice and when I left Sweden from Goteborg was it Little sad because I knew that I would be away at least 8 months or so before I see the m again, but that s life when I was back on Bustrup I do what I do every day fix taps, and benches in the kitchen and some other stuff now I had to plane and study for the conclusion meting so that I was prepared to go to Malawi. of course had we much to do before the new years concert we had to prep ear for the Capella Minsk the Russian coir and they had to have room so we get a lot to do and make in order before they come and we had also some painting to do and there come 4 Dies from CI CD England they help a lot and it was good the Coir had a concert in a local church and it was so nice to hear and sit so close to them it was really something extra. The new years concert was so good and all entertainment was so good and well planed the music and all acting was so nice and with all this planets and our swan hanging in the air was something that I never will forget.
It was a long day from morning to 02:00 Am so we were really tired when we come home, the following weeks I prepared for my journey to Malawi and so that I had all paper and tickets. The last week I had my conclusion and the last presentation, it was little sad to be in the end and know that I would be gone in a week it was really something extra sign my paper and we go home to Bustrup again. The last weekend the DIs had a Farwell party for me it was so nice to see them all once more before I go I didn’t expect to see them all so that was nice we go and ice skating and in the evening we had a good dinner with cake and coffee.
The last night I was on Bustrup the teachers and staff make a dinner and said Farwell and I got some reading materials with me to read, well it was a long travel it took one and a half day, and I was really tired when I come there my flight went from Denmark
To Amsterdam, to Nairobi and Lilongwe, from there I took bus to Blantyre there Eva meet up and took me to the TTC school it was a ride that I not suspect the first part was ok, but the last halfway was on a dirt road that I never would drive a car on, perhaps a tractor would be a good idea.
I start to acclimatise now and also get to know the names on the people its little difficult to remember al names, so I start to write them down, the people are so friendly and I like it very much, and when I have all my job in my schedule then it will be much easier for me but I will do a lot of work here mostly supervise and teaching well that was little about it now more come later.
Alf

No comments: